Question ID: 2553
Regulation Reference: (EU) No 2015/2450 - templates for the submission of information to the supervisory authorities
Topic: Reporting Templates
Article: Template S.06.04
Date of submission: 06 Jan 2023
Regards the new S.06.04 QRT for 2.8 and the associated LOG guidance (in the draft business package supporting SII taxonomy 2.8.0)..
We have the following questions we would welcome clarification on.
1. Is PPE included within "investments" exposed to physical risk? The LOG guidance for R0020 doesn't specifically mention investments (which is mentioned in R0010, though we appreciate the general comments does mention investments): "Proportion of the Solvency II value of property exposed to physical risk, in relation to total of property", which gave us a slight doubt
2. Are indirectly held assets (ie those within funds) in scope? From the LOG guidance to S.06.04 (and the reference to consistency with NACE reporting in S.06.02) it seems implied that only directly held assets are in scope for the KPIs but we welcome clarification.
3. We assume index and unit linked investments are in scope but please confirm.
1. For the calculation of the KPI on physical risk (Solvency II value of property exposed to physical risk, in relation to total of property in the ITS amendments on reporting and disclosure 2022 to be applicable as of 31.12.2023) property, plant and equipment (PPE) should be included.
2. The KPI on transition risk for investments includes assets held within funds, such as collective investment undertakings, which are part of investments.
3. UL and index linked investments are not in the scope of the KPI on transition risk.