The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice, rules related to personal data protection.
EIOPA maintains this website to:
Enhance public access to information about its initiatives, and that of its predecessor, the Committee of European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Supervisors (CEIOPS). Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
However, the Authority accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the Authority has no control and for which the Authority assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Only the Official Journal of the European Union (its printed edition, or since 1 July 2013 its electronic edition made available on the EUR-Lex website), is authentic. Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text.
It is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our website may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The Authority accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems (e.g. failure of performance, alteration of content) incurred as a result of using this website or any linked external sites.
Links from EIOPA website to external websites
We provide links to many European Institutions and other sites that are relevant to the Authority's work. You should be aware of the following:
The Authority is not responsible for the contents of any pages referred to from its website. Linking to other websites should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind by the Authority.
If you notice that one of our links is not working, please notify us (at email@example.com) and we will rectify the situation
Links from external websites to EIOPA website
The Authority welcomes links to its website. Any links from external websites to the Authority's website is subject to the following cumulative conditions:
- links can only be made to web pages displaying EIOPA's legal notice;
- provided links should not confuse users of the other website as to the source of the content, the Authority should fully be acknowledged as a source;
- when the EIOPA website is accessed via an external link, it should be clear to users that they are viewing information that is free of charge and not exclusive;
- links should not create the impression that the Authority endorses or supports the objectives or contents of the host website or the organisation managing it;
if links are made from a frames-based website, the contents from the Authority's website should not be framed on that website in a way that might mislead users as to the origin of the contents.
Reproduction of information and documents from EIOPA website
Reproduction for non-commercial purposes of information and documents from the Authority's website is authorised without prior permission, provided that you acknowledge the Authority as the source: "Source: EIOPA - European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority, https://eiopa.europa.eu/".
As a general rule, any reproduction of information and documents from the Authority's website carried out in the course of a commercial activity requires the prior written permission of the Authority.
The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority logos and trademarks are exclusive property of the Authority. Their use is prohibited without the prior written permission of the Authority.
Third party material
The permission mentioned above does not apply to third party material. Therefore, for material where copyright is vested in a third party, permission for use and reproduction must be obtained from that third party.
Personal Data Protection
EIOPA is committed to protecting the privacy of its website users. As a European Authority, EIOPA processes personal data in line with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
The controller determining the purposes and means of personal data processing at EIOPA is the Executive Director.
EIOPA usesCookies to make this website work properly and enhance your user experience.
You can browse most of the pages of this website without giving any information about yourself. However, in some cases, your personal data are required in order to provide the e-services/ information you request. More precisely, EIOPA will typically provide you with the following e-services:
A. Information services, such as responding to public or media enquiries as well as to requests for speaking engagements, for increasing transparency and understanding of EIOPA's policies and activities;
B. Interactive communication services, such as public consultations and feedback mechanisms, allowing contacts with several stakeholders, and subsequently contributing to the development of EIOPA's policies;
C. Transaction services, such as procurement, recruitment, requests for accessing EIOPA's documents or visiting its premises.
Pages on EIOPA's website referring to these services will treat your personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725. Detailed information on how personal data are processed by EIOPA may be found in the privacy statements published on the relevant pages of this website. In particular, the following information will be included there:
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose
- The legal basis and the lawfulness of the processing operation for which the data are intended. The use of your personal data is either necessary for EIOPA to perform its tasks or is based on your explicit consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To whom your information is disclosed. EIOPA will only disclose personal data to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) they have been collected for. EIOPA will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- How long your data is kept. EIOPA only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or for any further processing that is compatible to this purpose.
- The security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access.
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
Whenever you contact EIOPA using one of the functional mailboxes found on this website, your personal data are collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
No decision is taken by EIOPA solely on the basis of an automated processing of your personal data including profiling.
EIOPA's Data Protection Officer (DPO) is your point of contact in case you: (a) wish to have access to your personal data or object to their processing, as well as obtain their rectification or deletion; (b) have queries or complaints concerning the processing of your personal data (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, you can have at any time recourse to the European Data Protection Supervisor (www.edps.eu)