This is the list of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs) headquartered in the European Union. The list is based on information from those European group-wide supervisors that have shared with EIOPA their own list as of 1 June 2023, according to the criteria and cases set out in the IAIS Common Framework for the Supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (ComFrame 23.0.a and 23.0.b).
The insurance groups identified as of 1 June 2023 as Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIG) headquartered in the EU are:
- Ageas SA/NV
- Allianz SE
- Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
- BNP Paribas Cardif
- CNP Assurances
- Crédit Agricole Assurances
- Grupo Mapfre
- HDI Haftpflichtverband der Deutschen Industrie V.a.G.
- Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München
- NN Group N.V.
- Nordea Life
- Sampo Group
- Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe
The list is for informational purposes and should be used only in conjunction with ComFrame.