- pension scheme | insurance | financial supervision
Watch again the conference
Join the discussion with SLIDO
Go to Slido.com and enter the event code #EIOPA
About the conference
Our society is increasingly vulnerable to losses and damage from climate change. Innovation and cooperation are needed to adapt to highly disruptive systemic events, such as pandemics or large cyber-attacks. The insurance and pensions sectors are called on to foster resilience by managing risk not only from an environmental but also from a social perspective, to contribute to citizens’ financial health. Addressing sustainability risks and opportunities therefore remains a key priority for EIOPA, to enhance consumer protection and secure financial stability.
As in previous years, EIOPA’s 2022 Sustainable Finance Conference will gather regulators, industry and stakeholders to critically assess efforts in delivering on sustainability goals.
On the agenda
The conference will feature:
- Keynote speeches, including from Petra Hielkema, Chairperson of EIOPA
- Panel discussions on:
- The macro-economic challenges of climate change; and
- Presentations on
- The fiduciary duty of IORPs in light of sustainability considerations
- The insurance regulatory framework for sustainability risks and factors; and
- Insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes.
Date and time: 7 December 2022, from 09.00 to 15.30 CEST
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update on the EU-U.S. Insurance Dialogue Project
- Seatle, United States
Roundtable on Defined Contributions Pensions
- Online only
Five Years of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) – Time to Take Stock
- Documents type
- Topics type