At its meeting on 27 March 2019 the Board of Supervisors of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) elected, effective immediately, Sergio Álvarez Camiña as a new member of EIOPA's Management Board. Sergio Álvarez Camiñais Director General for Insurance and Pensions Funds at the Directorate General Insurance and Pensions Funds (DGSFP) of the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Business.
The Managment Board, chaired by EIOPA's Chairman, Gabriel Bernardino, ensures that EIOPA carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it in accordance with its Regulation. The members of the Management Board are elected for a period of two-and-a-half years, which can be extended once.
The Management Board now consists of:
- Gabriel Bernardino, Chairman of EIOPA
- Sergio Álvarez Camiña, Director General for Insurance and Pensions Fundsat the Ministerio de Economía y Empresa, Spain
- Frank Grund, Chief Executive Director of Insurance and Pensions Funds Supervision at the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), Germany
- Jean Hilgers, Member of the Board of Directors at the Nationale Bank van België/Banque Nationale de Belgique(NBB), Belgium
- Patrick Montagner, First Deputy Secretary General at Autorité de contrôle prudentiel et de résolution(ACPR), France
- Zuzana Silberová, Executive Director of the Financial Market Supervision Department, Czech National Bank, Czech Republic
- Olaf Sleijpen, Director of the Supervision Policy Division of De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), The Netherlands
- Publication date
- 28 March 2019