Through its work, EIOPA contributes to sound, effective and consistent supervision in Europe, protecting insurance policyholders and beneficiaries, and pension scheme members.
The Single Programming Document 2024-2026 sets out EIOPA’s strategy and work programme for the coming years and includes the Annual Work Programme for 2024.
Under the twin objectives of ensuring consumer protection and safeguarding financial stability, EIOPA will pursue the six strategic areas.
- To integrate sustainable finance considerations across all areas of our work.
- To support the consumers, the market and the supervisory community through digital transformation
- To enhance the quality and effectiveness of supervision.
- To ensure technically sound prudential and conduct of business policy.
- To identify, assess, monitor and report on risks to financial stability and conduct of business, and promote preventative policies and mitigating actions.
- Ensure good governance, agile organisation, cost effective resource management and a strong corporate culture.