1. The information of the insurance product information document listed in in Article 20(8) of Directive (EU) 2016/97 shall be presented in different sections and in accordance with the structure, lay-out, headings and sequence as set out in the standardised presentation format in the Annex to this Regulation, using a font size with an x-height of at least 1,2 mm.
2. The length of the sections may vary, depending on the amount of information that is to be included in each section. Information about add-ons and optional covers shall not be preceded by ticks, crosses or exclamation marks.
3. Where the insurance product information document is presented using a durable medium other than paper, the size of the components in the layout may be changed, provided that the layout, headings and sequence of the standardised presentation format, as well as the relative prominence and size of the different elements, are retained.
4. Where the dimensions of the durable medium other than paper are such that a layout using two columns is not feasible, a presentation using a single column may be used, provided that the sequence of the sections is as follows:
(a) ‘What is this type of insurance?’
(b) ‘What is insured?’
(c) ‘What is not insured?’
(d) ‘Are there any restrictions on cover?’
(e) ‘Where am I covered?’
(f) ‘What are my obligations?’
(g) ‘When and how do I pay?’
(h) ‘When does the cover start and end?’
(i) ‘How do I cancel the contract?’.
5. The use of digital tools, including layering and pop-ups shall be permitted, provided that all the information referred to in Article 20(8) of Directive (EU) 2016/97 is provided in the main body of the insurance product information document and that the use of such tools does not distract the customer's attention from the content of the main document.
Information provided through layering and pop-ups shall not include marketing or advertising material.