The Board of Appeal is composed of six members and six alternates, who were appointed by EBA, ESMA and EIOPA respectively in 2011, as required by the ESAs' Regulations.
The members are individuals with a proven track record of professional experience in the fields of banking, insurance, occupational pensions and securities markets or other financial services, and with the necessary legal expertise to provide expert legal advice in relation to the activities of the Authorities. Current staff of the national competent authorities, or other national, or Union institutions involved in the activities of the ESAs are not eligible for service on the Board of Appeal.
The members and alternates of the Board of Appeal are:
- Giuseppe Godano (Alternate, Italy), Retired and former director of Bank of Italy; at present lecturer in Cassino University
- Katalin Mero (Member, Hungary), Associate professor, Department of Finance and Accounting, International Business School, Budapest
- Pat McArdle (Alternate, Ireland), Retired, formerly Chief Economist and public servant, now economic consultant and non-executive director
- Lars Afrell (Alternate, Sweden), Senior Vice President, Swedish Securities Dealers Association
- Marco Lamandini (Member, Italy), Professor of Company and Securities Law, University of Bologna, President
- Niamh Moloney (Alternate, Ireland), Professor of Financial Markets Law, London School of Economics
- Beata Bartkiewicz-Mrozowska (Member, Poland), Legal Counsel, DLA Piper
- Michele Siri (Member, Italy), Jean Monnet Professor of EU Financial and Insurance Markets Law, University of Genoa
- Anna Konstantinou (Alternate, Greece), Legal Adviser and General Director of the Motor Insurers' Bureau of Greece