EIOPA is holding an online public hearing on 18 February 2022, from 09:30-16:30 CET to present its proposals regarding its draft Technical Advice to the European Commission on certain aspects relating to Retail Investor Protection.
The work relates to the European Commission’s upcoming strategy for retail investments in Europe, which aims to ensure that retail investors can take full advantage of capital markets and that rules are coherent across legal instruments. EIOPA intends to publish in February 2022, in advance of the public hearing, a Consultation Paper on its draft Technical Advice.
EIOPA was requested in a Call for Advice from the Commission at the end of July 2021 to focus on the following aspects in its work:
- Addressing and enhancing investor engagement with disclosures;
- Drawing out the benefits of digital disclosures;
- Assessing the risks and opportunities presented by new digital tools & channels;
- Tackling damaging conflicts of interest in the sales process;
- Promoting an affordable and efficient sales process; and
- Assessing the impact of complexity in the retail investment product market.
EIOPA has been given a deadline by the Commission of 30 April 2022 to deliver its final technical advice to the Commission.
The public hearing will be of interest to financial market participants, their representative associations, investor representatives or consumer bodies, and consultants or academics and representatives from the EU and national institutions.
Registrations to the event are closed
If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org