Save the date : 27 & 28 October 2021 (morning)
EIOPA’s workshop on Consumer Disclosures will explore how current approaches to disclose information about insurance and pension products can be improved to work better for consumers. In this workshop we aim to gather ideas and feedback from a wide range of stakeholders.
On the agenda
The event will involve a number of different sessions and speakers. Some of the topics include:
- The role of disclosures in achieving consumer protection objectives
- How to reflect behavioural principles when designing disclosures
- If and how disclosures can be simplified or made more user-friendly
- What tools or techniques can be used to promote improved consumer engagement, in particular in a digital age
- How the regulatory approach can best promote good consumer outcomes
This is an online event. It will be split over two half days: in the morning of 27 and 28 October.
It is open to all stakeholders active in the area of consumer disclosures, such as financial entities, innovators, digital platforms, industry and consumers associations, supervisors, consultants, academics. This workshop is not open to press.
Registrations to this event are now closed.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This event is not directed specifically at the Call for Advice to EIOPA from the European Commission regarding certain aspects relating to retail investor protection, for which a separate public event may be organised in due course. This workshop is part of a broader initiative within EIOPA looking at consumer disclosures that is not limited to the sale of insurance-based investment products (IBIPs).