The successful candidate will be assigned to the Communications Team within the Corporate Affairs Department, which consists of three teams: the Legal Team, the Institutional Relations, Strategy and Implementation Team and the Communications Team.
The Communications Team develops and implements EIOPA’s external and internal communications policy. The team is in close contact with and informs international media contacts, the general public and specialist audiences about EIOPA’s activities and policy decisions.
To achieve this the Communications Team is responsible for professionally handling various communication tools, such as press releases, press conferences, social media, publications, and EIOPA’s internet and intranet sites. The Team is furthermore responsible for organising high-level meetings, conferences and events. The Team advises EIOPA’s Senior Management on all communication related topics.
The Senior Expert on Communication will play a key role in promoting EIOPA’s business strategy and activities to external audiences, including international media, as well as preserving and further strengthening EIOPA’s reputation and credibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for the further development and implementation of EIOPA’s internal and external communication strategy.
- Managing the communication of the EIOPA’s senior management and business areas with a focus on proactive reputation management, particularly vis-à-vis international media; identifying potential vulnerabilities and risks in communication related areas;
- Drafting speeches, presentations, statements, briefings and written communication on behalf of the senior management ensuring a high level of consistency, accuracy, content to different target audiences;
- Providing advice to the Executive Director and manage all the internal communication activities, in close cooperation with relevant staff members in Corporate Affair and Corporate Support departments;
- Working with the other members of the communication team to ensure an high quality of written content throughout all digital channels and platforms;
- Contributing to the organization, coordination and allocation of the work of the communication team;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring – in cooperation with the senior management and with the Head of the Corporate Affairs department – an integrated and ambitious communications strategy (external and internal) including related policies and procedures;
- Working with Corporate Support department to ensure a high quality organization of the EIOPA conferences and public events;
Contract Type And Duration