As part of EIOPA’s Oversight Department, the successful candidate will as part of a team oversee the tasks carried out by National Supervisory Authorities (NSAs) in order to enhance a common supervisory culture in accordance with EIOPA’s Regulation.
Providing expertise in internal models and other quantitative aspects of Solvency II, he/she will take part in on-site visits to NSAs, represent EIOPA in colleges of supervisors and participate in projects with a high profile towards EIOPA senior management as well as its Board of Supervisors. He/she will play an active role in enhancing convergence and consistency of supervisory practices throughout the European Union through a risk based approach and following up the progress at the NSAs. He/she will work closely together with other teams across the organisation.
- Preparing, participating in and providing feedback during on-site visits to National Supervisory Authorities and working in cross-border colleges, drawing on both an understanding of Solvency II as a whole and in particular providing expertise in internal models and other quantitative topics;
- Ensuring that issues identified during engagements with national supervisors are documented, prioritised and appropriately followed up;
- Participating in projects to assess and enhance the quality and consistency of the implementation of internal models and related areas across the European Union;
- Contributing to the review of standards, guidelines and recommendations;
- Drafting reports to EIOPA Senior Management and Board of Supervisors on main findings and recommendations;
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
Contract Type And Duration