The Chairperson is a full-time independent professional, member of EIOPA staff, based in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). He/she will be accountable to the EIOPA Board of Supervisors and will report to the Board of Supervisors on an on-going basis on the development of the EIOPA activities.
The Chairperson’s term of office shall be five years and may be extended once.
More specifically, the Chairperson will be responsible for the tasks laid down in the Regulation (EU) No 1094/2010, and in particular:
- Acting as the head and representative of EIOPA;
- Chairing the meetings of the Board of Supervisors and the Management Board;
- Ensuring the achievement of EIOPA objectives;
- Fulfilling certain clearly defined tasks and decisions of EIOPA Board of Supervisors;
- Participating in hearings before the European Parliament on the performance of EIOPA, making a statement before the European Parliament and answering questions put by it
Members of the Pre-Selection Committee:
- Thomas Schmitz-Lippert (Chair)
- Else Bos
- Alberto Corinti
- John Berrigan
Contract Type And Duration