EIOPA aims to engage in dialogue and cooperation with the European institutions and other relevant national and international organisations.
We believe in continuous engagement with stakeholders — representatives of the private sector, consumers and academics — through positive engagement.
Two Stakeholder Groups facilitate EIOPA’s consultation with stakeholders in the EU on issues that apply to the insurance and pensions sectors:
In practice the Groups:
- advise the Authority on the actions it takes concerning
- Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS);
- Implementing Technical Standards (ITS);
- Peer reviews;
- Practical instruments and convergence tools to promote consistent supervisory approaches and practices,
- Assessment of market developments.
- assist the Authority in assessing the potential impact of, and advise on any issue related to all of the above.
The Insurance and Reinsurance Stakeholder Group (IRSG) and the Occupational Pensions Stakeholder Group (OPSG) each have 30 members. Members of a Stakeholder Group can submit opinions and advice to EIOPA on any issue related to its tasks.
For more information about the Stakeholder Groups, read Article 37 of the EIOPA Regulation.
Or, send an email to the stakeholders groups: Stakeholder.Groups@eiopa.europa.eu