EIOPA’s stakeholder groups were established by Article 37 of the EIOPA Regulation to facilitate EIOPA's consultation with stakeholders in Europe.
The Insurance and Reinsurance Stakeholder Group:
- advises the Authority on the actions it takes concerning
- Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS);
- Implementing Technical Standards (ITS);
- Peer reviews;
- Practical instruments and convergence tools to promote consistent supervisory approaches and practices,
- Assessment of market developments.
- assists the Authority in assessing the potential impact of, and advise on any issue related to all of the above.
The Occupational Pensions Stakeholder Group has 30 members.
Members of the Insurance and Reinsurance Stakeholder Group can submit opinions and advice to EIOPA on any issue related to its tasks.
The group meets at least 4 times a year at the Authority’s premises in Frankfurt am Main and a 5th time jointly with EIOPA’s Board of Supervisors. Meetings are organised in co-ordination with the Authority.
The group is composed of the following categories:
- Consumers and users of (re)insurance services
- Insurance and reinsurance undertakings and intermediaries (“industry”)
- Independent top-ranking academics
- Professional Associations
Advice and documents
The Stakeholder Groups issue advice to EIOPA on topics they consider relevant.
Please find below the group's advice, as well as minutes and activity reports.
Minutes of the group's meetings.