The Legal Expert will be providing legal advice in administrative and corporate support matters.
The tasks of the Legal Expert will include, amongst others, the following:
- Ensuring the proper interpretation and implementation of all primary and secondary legislation, guidelines and internal rules applicable or pertaining to EIOPA’s corporate activities, especially financial regulations, contractual matters and procurement procedures as well Staff Regulations and CEOS;
- Providing legaladvice both orally and in writing in those matters, to internal stakeholders, including Management;
- Drafting and reviewing documents such as internal Executive Director decisions and/or Management Board decisions and agreements with other international organisations;
- Drafting and presenting legal opinions, briefs, reports and correspondence on any legal issue referred for consideration;
- Contributing to drafting replies in pre-litigation cases and defense in litigation cases, and in preparing EIOPA’s participation in court-cases;
- Providing support to EIOPA’s Data Protection Officer, ensuring the agency’s compliance with data protection legislation and internal rules;
- Monitoring and analysing developments of European Union case law impacting on the operations of EIOPA;
- Presenting and explaining legal positions at internal meetings;
- Undertaking, as appropriate, consultation with external resources, such as external lawyers or colleagues of European Union Institutions, EU Agencies and Member States;
- Taking on additional tasks as required in the interest of the service.
Contract Type And Duration
CA Function Group IV