The Legal Expert works in the Legal Team. S/he will provide legal analysis on EU administrative law and corporate issues arising in the context of EIOPA.
- Providing high quality legal advice on the application and interpretation of the rules and procedures in the fields assigned, including on highly complex legal matters on administrative and corporate issues;
- Advising EIOPA on personal data protection rules and regulations, monitoring the register of records and organising awareness sessions;
- Providing legal risks assessments on request or own initiative;
- Ensuring the legal soundness and consistency of EIOPA’s decisions and ensuring proper follow-up, where relevant;
- Drafting or verifying legally relevant policies, procedures and templates;
- Preparing the defence and other written pleadings in appeal and court procedures on corporate and staff matters. Where appropriate, act as agent for EIOPA in court proceedings and legal claims (Court of Justice of the EU, , European Ombudsman, the Agency’s Board of Appeal) or in legal disputes before the national civil courts;
- Establishing and maintaining good cooperation with the external partners of EIOPA (institutions, agencies, national competent authorities etc.) within the scope of the responsibilities assigned;
- Participate in meetings, working groups and task forces with EU or national institutions and other bodies so that the Agency’s interests and legal positions are protected and explained at an appropriate technical level;
- Developing and providing training to staff members on legal issues;
- Contributing to other related legal tasks as required;
- Any other tasks as required.